After participating in this course, participants will be able to:
- Learn to identify the root causes of a problem
- Learn root cause analysis tools, such as the 5 Whys and Cause and Effect Analysis
- Understand the components of corrective and preventative action
- Learn the lifecycle of overall problem-solving
By performing exercises and engaging in group discussions, participants will develop a hands-on understanding that will facilitate the implementation of good corrective actions within their organization whether the organization holds an ISO certification or not. Management Systems standards require a system of corrective action in order to resolve internal audit finding and drive continual improvement. The Corrective Action and Root Cause Analysis course teaches valuable root cause analysis tools essential to problem solving, as well as the methodology to address corrective actions. The course provides a firm understanding of the process by which employees can find the underlying causes of problems that impact many organizations’ operations and profitability.
This course is designed to help participants learn and implement root cause analysis, cause and effect analysis and learn the components of corrective and preventative actions through the identification and facilitation of the life-cycle of overall problem solving. This course was developed to teach effective methodologies participants can use to achieve strong corrective actions and eliminate negative issue repetition.
Who should attend?
- Professionals responsible for implementing or maintaining a corrective or preventive action system.
- Employees assigned to investigate or address corrective actions.
- Employees or individuals who want to contribute to lower costs and improved efficiency of operations.
- Quality Directors, Managers, Supervisors, or Engineers.
- Environmental Directors, Managers, Supervisors, or Engineers.
- Safety Directors, Managers, Supervisors, or Engineers.
- Information Security Officers, Managers, or IT Professionals.
- ISO Coordinators or Management Representatives.
Prerequisite: Participants should have completed Continual Improvement for DWQMS, Document Control for DWQMS or Internal Auditing for ISO 9001, Internal Auditing for ISO 14001, Internal Auditing for OHSAS 18001 or Internal Auditing for DWQMS prior to registering for this course.
This course can be tailored to suit your organization’s specific needs and demands and is available in two formats: as a web-based, live instructor course or in person at your organization’s convenience.
This course qualifies for 0.4 OWWCO CEUs when taken in class
This course qualifies for 0.3 OWWCO CEUs. when taken online with live instruction