All courses can be customized for the individual client.
Courses can be conducted on line or in person.
Prerequisite: Participants should have prior basic knowledge of environmental issues.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand environmental aspects and impacts
- Understand ISO 14001 requirements on environmental aspects and impacts
- Understand techniques for systematically identifying environmental aspects and developing criteria for evaluating impacts
- Document the environmental aspects procedure
- Link significant environmental aspects to other ISO 14001 clauses
Duration – 4 hours
During the establishment of an Environmental Management System or any environmental program, an organization needs to determine its activities and functions and their impacts on the community and local ecosystem. In order to mitigate applicable measures, an organization must identify and evaluate for harmful and pollutive activities. This course will outline the principles, processes and techniques for the assessment and management of environmental aspects. The significance of the environmental management systems and how to identify and evaluate environmental aspects in the consideration of the ISO 14001 standard and using techniques related to the standard will also be discussed.
To accurately aid participants in the establishment of an Environmental Management System with the skills required for environmental aspect identification and evaluation through the use of group discussions and practical exercises.
Who should attend?
- People involved in the evaluation of environmental aspects and impacts during the implementation and maintenance of an environmental management system
- Environmental consultants
- Environmental auditors
- Management Representatives
- Impact and Evaluation Teams.
Special Features: This course can be tailored to suit your organization’s specific demands and is available in two formats: as a web-based, live instructor course or in person at your organization’s convenience.