All courses can be customized for the individual client. Courses can be conducted on line or in person.
Prerequisite: A prior review of ISO 45001, or participation in the ISO 45001 Basics course and an understanding of auditing practices is recommended for this course. Inexperienced participants are encouraged to register for ISO 45001 Basics prior to enrolling in this course.
This course focuses on teaching students an effective approach for auditing occupational health and safety (OH&S) management systems.
This internal auditor course is intended to provide a general appreciation of OH&S management systems auditing that will equip attendees with the skills necessary to actively participate in internal and second-party audits. After participating in this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand occupational health and safety management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of ISO 45001
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 45001 standard
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an internal audit (plan, execute, report, record, follow-up, closure)
- Prepare and present effective reports
In-Class: 3 hours
Web Based: 3 hours
The primary objective of this training course is to instruct OH&S auditors in the principles and practices specific to auditing for conformance with ISO 45001, including the planning of and preparation for the audit, audit practices, and reporting audit findings.
Who should attend?
- Internal auditors
- Environmental and quality managers interested in implementing occupational health and safety (OH&S) management systems
Special Features: This course can be tailored to suit your organization’s specific demands and is available in two formats: as a web-based, live instructor course, or in person at your organization’s convenience.