We here at Strategies for the Environment take the safety of our clients and Employees very serious. We are still working to help everyone out. We have various options to help support our clients. We can conduct work through Microsoft Teams as well as other online platforms. We can also still come onsite to conduct work. Please see our COVID-19 policy below for more details. As always if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.
At Strategies for the Environment Inc., we are committed to putting our people first. With COVID-19 officially listed as a pandemic, and with so much yet to understand, we wanted to let you know the extraordinary and proactive steps we are taking to ensure our team safety.
During this time, we want to emphasize on using protective measures to keep everyone safe:
- Keep two meters/six feet distance from others.
- Greet with a wave instead of a handshake.
- Clean your hands often, using soap and water or an alcohol-based (70%) hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue. Immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands.
- Now and always during cold and flu season, please stay home if you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. When disinfection is not feasible, wear gloves.
- A face mask or covering is strongly recommended if you are unable to maintain two meters distance from others.
- Any scheduled in-person group meetings, where possible, should be replaced by online video conferencing.
- If the use of technology is not an option, then on-site meetings should ensure meetings can be conducted by maintaining the recommended 2 meters distance from attendees.
- Always follow our policy when on client location, or, if the client policy stricter, follow its requirements.
- Avoid non-essential trips in the community. At this time, the Government of Canada recommends all Canadians avoid all non-essential travel. Check the Government of Canada’s travel advisories for the latest guidance and recommendations. Travelers entering Canada will be required to self-isolate for 14 days after return from travel outside of Canada.
- Inform your manager immediately if you have come in close contact with someone diagnosed positive with COVID-19.
- Contact your local public health unit and receive guidance and follow their advice.
If we are notified of any employee confirming positive COVID-19 test results, we will communicate with our employees immediately. Any customers visited in the week prior to the positive test result will be contacted and notified of the situation. If there is a need to quarantine based on Public Health Authority recommendations, Strategies for the Environment Inc. will follow all directions.
We are all looking forward to getting through this sensitive time with as little disruption to our lives as possible, and with as little risk to our health as possible.