ISO 14001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS) and can be certified to. This voluntary standard allows any type of organization to ensure that its environmental impact is being measured and improved.
Integrating it with other management systems standards, most commonly ISO 9001, can further assist in accomplishing organizational goals.
Why Should we implement it?
Organizations and companies find that using the standard helps them:
- Improve resource efficiency
- Reduce waste
- Drive down costs
- Provide assurance that environmental impact is being measured
- Gain a competitive advantage in supply chain design
- Increase new business opportunities
- Demonstrate compliance with current and future statutory and regulatory requirements
- Improve company reputation and the confidence of stakeholders through strategic communication
- Improve overall environmental impact
- Manage environmental obligations with consistency
- Increase leadership involvement and engagement of employees
- Achieve strategic business aims by incorporating environmental issues into business management
- Encourage better environmental performance of suppliers by integrating them into the organization’s business systems
How We Can Help